Today’s guest is Pratik Chougule, a political consultant, prediction markets better, and co-host of the excellent prediction markets podcast Star Spangled Gamblers. Pratik has a focus on US politics and uses a mix of qualitative and quantitative insights to find profitable trade opportunities.
Perhaps Pratik’s bread and butter is when partisans come into the market and bid up their favorite candidate to unrealistic levels. For example, in the 2020 Democratic National Convention when Bernie Sanders was a huge favorite in betting markets despite the data saying Joe Biden was far more likely to come out on top.
Throughout the podcast, Pratik walks us through how he views prediction markets, how they’ve evolved over the years, and some regulatory trouble coming in the future.
What stuck out to me in this podcast is how similar some of his strategies are to that to a traditional financial markets trader.
My apologies for the echo in my mic. I just moved into a new office and it’s completely empty besides my computer, making it super boomy and loud.
Listen to the Episode
You can listen here on StockMarketStories.net at the bottom of this post, or on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere else you get podcasts. Links are below.
RSS Link (for other podcast apps)
You can also look up Stock Market Stories in nearly any podcast app (Pocket Casts, Stitcher, etc) as the podcast is listed in nearly all databases.
Pratik is a consultant for a new prediction market called Insight Prediction which hosts markets on global politics, sports, current events, science, and economics.
Stock Market Stories listeners have a special offer, if you deposit $100, you’ll get an extra $50 in credit, only available through this link: https://insightprediction.com/?i=StockMarketStories (disclosure: this is an affiliate link).
Once you’ve signed up, simply email email@example.com and let them know Stock Market Stories sent you.
Note: this market is not open to US citizens at this time.
- Star Spangled Gamblers: Pratik’s podcast he runs with Alex or “Keendawg” Keeney
- Star Spangled Gamblers on Twitter
- Pratik’s Twitter account
- Alex “Keendawg” Keeney on Twitter
- Pratik’s book: American Universities in the Middle East and U.S. Foreign Policy Intersections with American Interests
- Star Spangled Gamblers ebook: simply go to StarSpangledGamblers.com and wait a few seconds and a pop-up box will prompt you to enter your email to get the free ebook.
- Kalshi: a new prediction market platform fighting for regulatory approval to host election markets
- PredictIt: the primary election market platform for US traders. However, signs point to PredictIt losing their permission from the CFTC in early 2023.
- Polymarket: a large crypto-based prediction markets platform, not available to US traders
- Insight Prediction: a new prediction market platform that Pratik consults for. Not available for US traders.
Follow the Podcast
- Follow Stock Market Stories on Twitter: @StockPodcast
- Follow on Apple Podcasts
- Follow on Spotify
- Subscribe on YouTube